Sunday, July 11, 2010

Orange Beach 2010

I can't believe I am writing about this, but another year in Orange Beach, Alabama has come and gone.
We had such a great time with the Young, Russell, Curry, Hamlin, Goodman and Parsley families (and GiGi)! Last year there was only one baby and this year there were four! It is crazy what can happen in 12 months. Gone are the beach trips of laying out all day, Margaritas at noon (well...maybe I should say, multiple Margaritas), People magazine, the Florabama, uninterrupted dinners and staying out all night. This was the start of a new set of beach trips. Getting in the water, sunscreen every hour, taking turns walking around the restaurant with the children and going to be early because the time difference has thrown off your child and she is waking up at 5:30 a.m. I wouldn't have ANY other way!
Jane loved spending time with her Jo Jo and Pop Pop (We love that Jane loves spending time with her Jo Jo and Pop Pop too! We get a break). However, we are now having to de-program her because her theme song with them should be, "Whatever Jane Wants, Jane Gets." Thank you so much for everything Jo Jo and Pop Pop! We love you. Jane also has a new best friend, Rainer Russell. He called her, "Baaabeee," in his sweet little southern voice. Needless to say so have we since we got home.
Because of the oil spill we stayed on the bay. It is awful how the beaches are being destroyed but from we could tell the clean up effort was amazing. We stayed at The Caribe. It had about 6 different pools and a lazy river. The kids LOVED it. Jane particularly liked the slide on the indoor pool. Will would hold her hand and she would go right down. She would get to the bottom and point, kick her legs and scream, "eeeeeeeee" to go again. Here are some pictures from the week. I will have to add some when the Russell's send me theirs because I slack when Kelly is around, she is always so good about capturing the trip.


Jane: "Don't you even think about telling him, but I have him right where I want him, wrapped around my finger."



I got off Weight Watchers before the trip. How do I look?


At least someone got a nap on the lawn chair.


We should have had a video camera to capture Rainer and the fountains.


Then.....

Now.


Evenings now. I couldn't even post a "then" picture. This is a family blog.


"Rainer if you drop Andrew your mom will be so mad....." "Relax, Jane. You can be so bossy."


"Rainer, I said the other foot. Boys!"


"Gahhhh, sorry Jane. Give me a break."


"Just smile so we can this over with."


"Don't you even think about it Rainer."


"I am serious. I am not in the mood to deal with you right now."





Jane in her mommy's dress. It was made for her by Lynne's pastors wife.


Again, at least someone got a nap.


Future Save the Date card.


Rainer, I know what you are thinking and I mean it......


My dad is going to kill you.




Rainer, we make such a cute couple.....

Rainer, geez......I told you, my dad is not going to like this.


Give me back my PAAAACCCIIIIEEE!!!!


I love my Jo Jo and Pop Pop.


This probably isn't what this is supposed to be used for. It made for great entertainment.


Dad, I can do a 2 1/2 delay no sweat!

1 comment:

  1. OHG, Leigh, I am rolling out of my chair at your - or should I say Jane's? - commentary.

    Looks like a great time! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete